BULLET JOURNAL FOR BEGINNERS | JANUARY PROGRESS + FEBRUARY 2020 PLAN WITH ME
January was a month filled with mixed feelings for me. I started using my bullet journal in the month of January and it has really opened my eyes to a lot of things we take for granted on a daily basis,
Writing this post is a big deal for me because I didn’t hit my goals by a wide margin.
But I’m committed to being accountable this year so here it goes.
At the beginning of the year, I had about 10 goals which I broke down into quarters.
Goals for quarter 1 includes:
- Going deeper into God’s word.
- Building Intentional relationships.
- Prep for National.
- Self Care Retreat.
- 350 YouTube Subscribers.
- A new gas cooker
- A new phone
- Read 5 Books
I didn’t really have specific goals for January. At the beginning of January, my focus was on how I wanted to feel by the end of January.
Here is my January review.
- I got a new phone! This was achieved with God’s grace and favor.
- I got a “real” bullet journal.
- I did a Self Care Retreat with my soul sister.
- I read more than I did in December.
- I was closer to God than I was in December.
- My marriage was better than I ever imagined!
- I attended a family event(If you know me, you’ll know that this is a big deal for me).
- I was more organized than December.
- I gained weight. A whopping 5kg!
- I didn’t fill out my bullet journal.
- I didn’t read as much as I would.
- I didn’t exercise!
- I ate more than I should
- I wasn’t close to God as I would love.
- I didn’t complete my fresh faith challenge.
- I didn’t post on my blog at all.
- I wasn’t consistent on social media.
- The Blacklist(Movie Series)
As you can see, my January is definitely far from perfect and reviewing the month of January is a big eye-opener.
But like I always say, every day is a fresh start.
Moving on to February.
For February, I will be breaking down my goals into Monthly, Weekly and Daily Goals.
MONTHLY GOALS FOR FEBRUARY
Going deeper into God’s word:
Christ in me, the hope of glory. My theme for the year is constantly at the back of my mind. “Set your affections on things above and not on things on earth”
Read at least 30 update topics and solve past questions:
Hehe:) God help me.
Be more intentional about relationships: Friends and Family.
OMAD, Eating at home, Walking 10,000 steps daily. I’m trying OMAD this month as I shared on one meal a day diet(OMAD).
- To achieve my lose 5kg goal, I really need to stop eating out or at least reduce it to the barest minimum. This month of February, I plan to pack my meal to work as much as I can.
- For exercise, I’m not really motivated to do any strenuous exercise right now so I will be walking. Walking 10,000 steps a day while eating healthy works really well for me. In fact, I started my weight loss journey by walking. Walking is an amazing way to kickstart exercise or strength training.
- I’m hoping for the best. Hopefully, I will be able to get rid of this 5kg by the end of February.
Publish at least 4 posts on YouTube and the Blog:
- This is really going to be tricky because I have exams but a few days ago, I shared with my email subscribers my new productivity hack, #3hourstofreedom which is basically sleeping early and waking up by 3 am to work or read till 6 am. I will try my best to be consistent with my #3hours so I can get a lot more done.
- I’m productive when I work in batches so I will be alternating working on Fit4healthng and reading for exams during these 3 hours.
I’m looking forward to see what can I can achieve with a 12hr work week!
How much can I really get done in Fit4healthng if I only spend focused 12 hours on it?
We will find out by the end of February.
WEEKLY GOALS FOR FEBRUARY
- Church! I need to attend church services more. Enough of fooling myself about joining service online.
- Play more music. Good music does wonders in my life. Sometimes I forget the life transformative power of this free tool.
- Publish at least 1 post on YouTube and the blog.
- Read 10 update topics
- Read one non-medical book
- Enjoy reading! Medical and Non-medical despite my exam. I definitely need to read at least 3 books this month.
- 1. Changed into His Likeness – Watchman Nee
- 2. Blog By Number – Suzi Whitford
- 3. Instafamous by Marina Degiovanni
DAILY GOALS FOR FEBRUARY
- Meditation: Guarding my heart with all diligence by meditating on amazing things. Phil.4:8 – Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.
- Hydration: 3litres of water per day
- Nutrition: OMAD Diet
- Exercise: 10000 steps a day.
- Quiet time: Bible reading and prayers. I’m using this plan on youbible.
- Write in my bullet journal and write the Word each day.
- Interact with my physical Bible. I really need more of this in my life
BULLET JOURNAL SET UP FOR FEBRUARY
Whoops! Writing is definitely therapeutic. I feel better after putting my imperfect January into writing.
I’m hopeful for a better February.
Your turn! Do you have goals for February? Did you make progress on something from January? I’ll love to celebrate with you!
Let me know in the comment section below.